Credits to SuperGuko of symb.ph for the tutorial on rooting the myPhone A878. This one is somehow similar to the new method on how to root the myPhone A818. Please check out that as well, as I wont go much deep into specifics with this one, in case you are a bit lost. But I swear, this is a no sweat procedure.
Disclaimer: Root at your own risk. This method includes flashing. Whatever happens to your device is your full responsibility.
To start, you need to download these files:
Flashing CWM Process
The SP Flash Tool is easy to use, you can use this image below as a guide on how to work on it.
How to Flash CWM Recovery on MyPhone A878
- Install the drivers. (MT6577 USB VCOM)
- Remove the battery of your myPhone A878.
- Run the SP Flash Tool.
- Load the scatter.txt file by clicking the “Scatter-loading” button. (marked as step 1 on the above image)
- Load the recovery image by clicking on the word RECOVERY. (marked as step 2) Be sure that its only “RECOVERY” that is marked with check and shows the proper file address.
- Click the Download button, marked at step 3. Ignore all warnings.
- Then connect your phone via USB cable. Wait for the green circle saying OK to appear. This writing process wont take a long time.
After that, you can now unplug your device.
Going into recovery
myPhone A878 CWM recovery
To go into recovery, turn off your phone. Press and hold Volume up + power button together until options appear, then press the up button to enter recovery.
How to Root MyPhone A878
- Download this file Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed. It is an update file that will be installed via CWM recovery. Just copy it on the root directory of your SD card.
- Then Enter CWM recovery. Select install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard >> locate the downloaded and copied file.
- After the update installation completed, select Reboot system now.
myPhone A878 Root
To check if you had succeeded on rooting your myPhone A878, look for the SuperUser icon your app drawer or just install Root Checker app from the Play Store.
Now with rooted myPhone A878, you can now uninstall unwanted/unnecessary apps aka bloatwares. Install patches and custom ROMs easily through recovery, improve internal memory usage and many more.
Search terms: how to root myphone a898, how to root a898, rooting myphone a898, myphone a919 custom rom, cherry mobile flare update, rom a818, myphone 919 specs, how to root my phone a878, kata idroid s root, custom rom for my phone a818