So here goes the Cherry Mobile Flame hitting the scene. Cherry Mobile facebook page had posted about an update with this one anticipated device they had. We had introduced it along with the Cherry Mobile Omega for quite a while before, and had made a guess of its OEM.
Now, no more rumors and speculations. We can strongly say that its the rebranded Karbonn A21. Confirming that, we can have its specs as reference –pricing and release date; read on.
While there have been a lot of complaints with the stocks availability of the Cherry Mobile Flare and the Cherry Mobile Titan; the Cherry Mobile Flame wasn’t able to escape consumers’ skeptical outlooks.
Below is a promotional poster posted by Cherry Mobile on their facebook page:
Cherry Mobile Flame Specs and Features
Short, the Cherry Mobile Flame sports a dual core processor, running Android 4.0 ICS out of the box, slated with a 4.5 inch qHD display (540×960 px resolution), has 3G speed of up to 7.2 Mbps and is packed with a 1800mAh battery.
Obviously, the main highlight here is the really good screen it has. Its a pumped up upgrade for the Flare, in terms of screen and slightly on the battery-side.
Below is a run down of the Cherry Mobile Flame specs and features:
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual Core Qualcomm MSM8625 Snapdragon S4 chipset Processor
- RAM: 512 MB
- Display: 4.5 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen, 540×960 pixels resolution, Multi-touch input
- Sensors: G-Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Magnetometer Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor
- 3G Speed: High speed 3G connectivity, speed up to 7.2 Mbps
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 802.1 b/g/n Wi-Fi, micro USB 2.0
- Camera: Dual camera; 5 MP rear with AF, LED flash, burst mode, Face detection
- Front Camera: 1.3 MP for video calling
- SIM Card Support:Dual (GSM + GSM), SIM 1 supports 3G, SIM 2 supports 2G only
- Battery: 1800 mAh battery, 5 hrs talk time, 200 hrs standby time
- Memory: 4 GB (2.5 GB free) on board, Micro SD card slot 32 GB
- Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps
This set of feat boiled up the same reaction from Cherry Mobile followers, one word, disappointed.
Its basically the same Cherry Mobile Flare, in terms of internals and performance, except for the screen and battery and yet it got itself a pricing of Php6,300. Still I can say, the screen is really commendable, however if you are a heavy smartphone user then the 1800mAh will hardly last for a day on your usage.
Here’s a bit of downer with the Flame:
- Battery. qHD, 4.5-inch IPS screen, dual core, dual SIM? It could be better if its battery is on 2000mAh.
- Camera. This could have been better if it was on 8MP.
- Price. I think at Php5.5k, this phone might be able to put up the Flarenatics’ lines happened on Flare Day. That is one mistake of CM, as I see it –they had offered a really cheap pricing on the Flare and so it had influenced the mindset of its consumer. So they are expecting and setting that pricing as a price point for a considerable pricing on its upcoming products.
Still, we cant say much about this phone. It might not possess the dilemma we had on the Flare. The Cherry Mobile Flame got the same screen as the KATA i1 –they differ in chipset and pricing of course.
Cherry Mobile Flame Pricing and Availability
Still, I wonder how Cherry Mobile is able to bring down the pricing of the Flame to that. Converting the Rs. 11,999.00 pricing of the Karbonn A21 to Philippine peso, it yields an approximately Php9,000. Its a huge difference on the Php6,299 offering for us.
Cherry Mobile stated the the Flame will hit the local stores this December. It might happen before Christmas, so we can expect that. Berlein Store in multiply already listed the Flame on their shop. Not sure if they already got units, but good thing is they do CoD’s.
Well, what do you think guys? Dumping the plan to buy the Flare and going in for the Cherry Mobile Flame?Search terms: w50 cherry mobile, w50 cherry mobile price, cherry mobile flare battery for sale, cherry mobile w50 video, chery mobile w50 celpone, cm flare battery mod, cherry mobile flare battery replacement