Just saw this poster ad from a local store in our place. It slightly captured my attention. However, my curiosity pushed me on finding out more info about this “MyPhone Trade-in Madness: Android Phone Edition” promo.
MyPhone Trade-in Promo Mechanics:
- Customer can avail of the promo by surrendering a mobile phone of any brand or model, working or non-working, to buy a MyPhone A818 Duo at the price of Php3,999.00.
- Phone to be traded-in should include its battery pack.
- Phone that is broken down into separate parts will not be accepted.
- Promo period is from April 28 to May 6, 2012
- If you do not have a phone to trade-in, you can still get the MyPhone A818 Duo at a promotional price of Php 4,499.00 (Php 1,000 less than the original price).
The promo from MyPhone is simple. You can trade any mobile phone, that is working or even non-working and get a MyPhone A818 Android phone just by adding P3,999.
The original SRP of the MyPhone A818 is P5,499 and now, it has a promo price of P4,999. The same thing you’ll get if you score it with the trade-in promotion.
But if its for me, practically I will trade a non-working and defective phone for it. :D
Then I decided to peek on the A818 by flesh only to see this:
It has a price tag of just P3,999. This left me into confusion as I just left the store and didnt bother to ask the salesladies at all. It might be they were just selling this A818 for that price, or maybe I am wrong. They sell mobile phone units for cheaper prices, obviously its a big savings if you’ll be going with the A818. No need for trading in for something, I’m not really sure.
But will you really go for that Android phone? Its very cheap, but when we speak of MyPhone, a lot get skeptical regarding on decision-making for buying such phones’ brand.
MyPhone A818 Duo Specs:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 650MHz Processor
- 3.5-inch HVGA (320×480) Capacitive Touchscreen
- Dual Sim / Dual Standby
- Dual Camera: Rear – 3.2MP / Front – VGA
- WiFi / Bluetooth / WAP / GPRS / SMS / MMSMP3 /
- Multimedia Player / FM Radio – 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Pinoy Phone Apps / Java
- Micro USB 2.0 MicroSD up to 16G
Seems like this unit has a lot of ups and downs as compared with other cheap Android phones available such as the LG Optimus L3, Alcatel OT918N, Samsung Galaxy Pocket. And in the end, I bet people will say: “but it is still a MyPhone”.
Report says that it doesn’t supports 3G, and that’s a bit much of a downside for an Android phone.
Anyway, here’s the original poster ad of this MyPhone Trade-in Madness promo. As you can see on the first photo I captured from our local store; its extended until June 31, 2012.
I can’t really tell much about this one as per I haven’t had the chance to hold one in action yet. It would be better if someone who actually owns this smartphone will share their experience and views.Search terms: my phone a818, myphone a818, my phone a818 duo, myphone a818 duo, MyPhone A818 specs, how to root myphone a818 duo, a818 duo, my phone a818 duo specs, a818 my phone, how to root my phone a818