Xiaomi just unveiled a new addition to their products lineup, a GoPro rival, the YiCamera. The YiCamera is an action and sports camera at a fraction of GoPro’s price tag.
The Xiaomi YiCamera is now available in China, it was first made available via a flash sale with a very interesting price tag of just 399 yuan ($63) or approximately at Php2,500 when roughly converted in peso.
The YiCamera will come in two different color variations: White and Jungle.
Resources says that the YiCamera isn’t really made by Xiaomi but from its partner Ants company (Xiaoyi), the maker of their IP camera.
This sports camera is equipped with a 16MP snapper that is able to record 1080p H.264-encoded video at 60fps, thanks to its Sony Exmor R CMOS sensor. The f/2.8 aperture lens lets you capture ultra-wide 155-degree panoramic views. Other shooting modes include slow motion and adjustable time lapse photography. The Xiaomi YiCamera also comes with a built-in wifi and Bluetooth, as well as an app for editing and sharing video on your smartphone.
It seems like the Xiaomi YiCamera does not comes with a protective plastic case just like the GoPro, and instead mounted directly on accessory of choice. Or maybe there will be one sooner or later.
Xiaomi YiCamera Sports/Action Camera Features and Specs:
- 72 Grams and made from PC + ABS and metal composite materials
- Ambarella A7LS Processor
- Sony Exmor R BSI CMOS 16 Million Pixel Sensor
- 155°(Mobile Phone 89°) Wide Angle Lens
- 3D Noise Reduction
- WiFi Connectivity (Up to 100 Metres), easily transfer video and photos to your smartphone
- BLE Ultra-low power consumption
- Bluetooth and Remote App control
- 4 Operating modes include; Photo, Time-lapse photo, Timed photo and Video
- Share to social media within 10 seconds using the smartphone APP.
- Video Support: 1080p 60 FPS, 1080p 30 FPS, 720p 120 FPS, 720p 240 FPS
- H.264 Video encoding with Sport level image processor providing ultra high-fluency.
I’ll be definitely getting this once it becomes available on Chinese online stores, so stay tuned for the future review.